Database of wood density for species naturally occurring in Central and South America.
Ecological Archives A016-075-S1.
File list (downloads)
Laboratoire Evolution et Diversité Biologique UMR 5174
Université Paul Sabatier, 31062 Toulouse, France
The list-references.txt file contains the list of literature sources consulted to produce the wood-density-file.txt wood density dataset. All valid species names were checked against the Missouri Botanical Garden's website (06/2004). In file list-references.txt, c olumn names are as follows.
(1) CODE - conventional code for the literature source
(2) LOCMEAS - country of study (or region, if applicable)
(3) NBSPP - number of valid species in the dataset
(4) REFERENCE - literature source for the dataset (several sources if applicable)
In file wood-density-file.txt, column names are as follows.
(1) FAMILY - family name for the species (according to the revised Angiosperm Phylogeny Group's classification)
(2) GENUS - genus name
(3) SPECIES - species name
(4) WSG - mean wood species gravity for the species
(5) NB - total number of literature values for the species
(6) to (68) -- one column per literature source. Column name corresponds to the CODE entry in file list-references.txt
(69) MEANELEV - mean elevation of the voucher speciemen for the species
(70) SDELEV - standard deviation of the mean elevation
(71) to (79) -- presence-absence variables for the nine ecoregions as described in the main text (see Fig. 1)
ESA Publications | Ecological Archives | Permissions | Citation | Contacts